Sunday, April 3, 2011

Better luck next time

Today was supposed to be even better than yesterday but it wasn't - and I only had the 13 Crossbow with me! I'd even taken my Rip + cos it was supposed to be so nukin'. Sat around waiting for the wind, set up the gear and got changed. Decided to give it a shot ...

... barely powered but gusty enough to ride for a bit and do a few fun jumps. Nothing as good as yesterday though - then, I had some awesome jumps ... the kind where, when you carve up the face of the wave you just KNOW you're going to fly clean off the top and go soaring ...

Packed up, came home. Tomorrow is supposed to be better than the day before yesterday like today was supposed to be ... arf!

What I learned today ...
• Don't trust the fricken' weather reports or even the webcam!
• Anything west of north is simply too gusty - especially for the Silberpfeil (see yesterday)
• I want an Ozone Zephyr :D

No comments:

Post a Comment