Sunday, March 20, 2011

Less is more?

Forecast said no wind till 5pm today, so I headed down to the lake beach at 11am with the plan to remove the FDS from the Silberpfeil and go back to the FLS and put the 6m extensions back on ...

Huh! Wind is up, from the north and I didn't even bring my harness! Unusual for GPV-weather.info to be so wrong! So I rush through my uninstall of the FDS - what a bugger, the line is so light it constantly knots! Finally get it all done, head home to grab my gear.

And come back ... The Junkie is there and so is Best Uncle. Wind seems about the same ... launch the SA2 and test out the FLS - fine. Hit the water - ooh still cold! - and try riding. Just powered to start with but the wind is falling and end up walking a few times.

Stand around on the beach, play with the FLS some more ... mmm does a death spiral at times which makes a nasty mess - maybe the FDS *IS* better? Give up and go home just around sunset ... not a great day but better than nowt!

What I learned today ...
• FDS is probably more reliable than FLS :( nuts.
• I seem to have lost my light-wind knack :( nuts.
• Still need a large directional :( nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment