Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Old dog, new tricks

After looking at the weather, forecasts and wind station data all day and humming and harring, I decided to go home after work, grab the kites and head back out. 10 knots was forecast, wind stations reported abut 4m/s so it should be good ...

... and it was! Well-powered on the Rebble with exciting gusts! Did some toe-side riding, carving (psch!) turns and practiced my slides ... and got my first ever boo-boo on a landboard - all this time riding, all this lack of talent, all the hairy things that have happened but I've yet to actually fall off, let alone hurt myself on a landboard until today - cant' be trying hard enough :D Went for the big slide but hit a very hard, smooth patch of dirt, losing grip under my back foot and I sort of plopped down onto that bum cheek but managed to graze my outside calf on the other leg. Pretty feeble effort : comparing the discomfort of the trifling graze to driving home with stinky socks - the socks are far more unpleasant.

Anyway, it was one of these slides that nearly put me on my bum, I thought "Hey I almost went the whole way around to toe-side ... hmm ..." and whaddya know, I can now slide around to toe-side then carve a turn back to heel-side! Well, kinda ... I imagine it looks like a hippo trying to ballet dance on skateboard but I get around ...

... and I got something else to practice now! Level up!

No comments:

Post a Comment