Thursday, June 24, 2010

Flysurfaholic!

Another low wind session with the Speed ... 8 to 12 knots, I'd guess - the water on the lake was white-capping and that means there's ju-uuust enough wind for me to ride with my biggest kite and board.

Lots of hard working of the kite, fighting the lulls and waiting for the gusts. Had some good runs but every single one ended in a WoS of various lengths. I did manage to avoid washing up on the other half of the beach though! I'm at the stage where as long as I get some semi-powered riding in, I'm happy. So erm I'm happy.

As I was packing up, the sky lit up with the most stunning oranges and brilliant reds and startling blues ...

As an aside, my bits to repair the Shockwave and an Ozone Access harness arrived from Kent of awindofchange.com last night - super sweet! Better finish building my cross-over bar for the fixed bridles ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment