Thursday, April 15, 2010

Time flies when you're having fun

Went to my park last night - forecast was for 8m/s and there was certainly wind, but unfortunately the grounds-keeper was still in his little hut till 5pm so I had to wait about 50 minutes before I could set up. Hummed and harred the whole time whether or not I should actually get out of the car cos it was cold, I was tired and didn't have my pads.

The wind was crappy gusting to gravy for my 3.5m Cult so I packed it up and pulled out the Rebble. That shifted the wind range into gravy gusting to stupid, but mostly epic.

For once though, the gusts were treated to an attitude of patient disdain rather than my usual fear and trembling, as they try to rip my arms from their sockets and stretch my fingers. For the extended gusts, I even threw caution to the wind and tried some jumps ... had some real good ones too, sort of hovering and hanging in the air.

Has some nice riding too although the park was soggy and I had to keep an eye on the kite to stop it collapsing in the silly gusts. Did some carving turns and a bit of upwind riding toe-side. Only once got gusted to over-powered on the board and was heading for a park bench, but didn't panic and even made a nice power-slide to stop, if I do say so myself!

So I'm glad I got out of the car and got nearly 2 hours kiting in! I'm sore today though ...

No comments:

Post a Comment