Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back on the landboard

Supposed to be big wind coming through today but too cold to get in the lake ... forecast said 20 knots at 8ºC!

Thought I'd check out the place where we play hockey in Kosei, next to Yasu River ... we play in the carpark (inline hockey) but there's baseball/soccer fields down the other end. Despite it being the middle of the week, when I arrived there were some people playing baseball on the hard-pack dirt area. So I had a go on the grass area.

Wasn't sure of this locale for landboarding because of the topography of the area. Probably won't use it much cos it's a long way from home and is packed on the weekends but holidays might be ok. Anyway, the wind was good but it was gusting too much for the Rebble - when I got picked off the board and went sailing through the air downwind, I decided to break out the Cult. Much better!

Got some good fast powered-up rides in, which felt really nice on the grass ... it's comforting to know I'm not going through the cheese grater if I fall off! I'll have to take pictures of my usual surface so you know what I mean ...

Anyway, the wind dropped after maybe 2 hours so I packed it in. Good way to spend my last day before I go back to work :)

2 comments:

  1. if the wind is so gusty - why not try your synergy 12 ? i found that depower kites are so much better in dealing with bad gusts...
    if only the setup-time would be lower with the arcs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That area make have worked ok with depower, actually ... although my usual area is simply too small and riddled with obstacles just waiting to rip holes in my beautiful kites.

    ReplyDelete