Sunday, February 1, 2015

Finally some wind!

At lunch time, it looked like I was going to get stiffed but I was bored at home and went back to the lake around 2, as the wind looked like it was picking up.

It had. I went for the seat harness and the XB13 and the Limited hoping for a boost session. Would have been better if I wasn't so much out of practice...

Pretty gusty, but I was happy. Tried to do some kite loops tricks in the lulls - dark slide and hand drag loop - but discovered that perhaps the XB isn't the kite for that kind of stunt. I landed the hand drag - just - but dark slide become a body drag. I started to investigate how the XB loops and came to the conclusion that the best I can get is a fat loop that pulls horizontally.

Time for new gear...

The LE was leaking too, pretty sure the new higher flow valve wasn't seated right. Hmm.

Wind was 14 to 18 knots, gusts to 35 :o

No comments:

Post a Comment