Saturday, February 28, 2015

About damn time!

Started out light, some riding, some walking... Tried both the Flydoor and the Dialer - the 'door clearly has the better bottom end.

After a very lully ride out - thought I was going to have to swim in for a few minutes - I landed the kite and took the Dialer back to the shed, got a drink and the Limited and headed back for one last attempt.

The optimism paid off - the wind came up. I had a fun time on the Flydoor; the wider stance setting is good. Did some riding on the Limited too... still getting used to it; Adrian says its identical to the 2014 but I know it's not :D

So, grabs during rotations... Yeah that just happened.

But I tried a hand drag with loop, messed it up and looped the kite again to recover the dive - and got dragged through the water towards the shore :o as the kite climbed to zenith the lift got my feet under me as I narrowly missed ploughing a furrow with my nose up the beach. Yikes, and I thought I had them nailed, like backroll transitions.

Ran out of time, so had to pack it up. Shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment