Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Worth the effort

Had the day off and looking at the forecast wasn't really sure I wanted to bother with the trip... ended up glad I did though, despite having to avoid the lo-oong traffic jams on the highway by taking the "local" roads.

Thought the wind was good enough when I arrived for the S3 12 and a boost session, but I was wrong. A couple of tacks were a waste of time.

Out with the 21. Ride for a bit but then it drops. I messed with untangling the twisted mini-5th and by the time I'd done that, I was thinking the wind had picked up some.

Yeah, it had. Gradually went from holding ground to fully depowered kite.

So that was fun... gave up when I was too tired.

Weather was reported as 12 to 16 knots, gusts to 25 :o 27 degrees C at 75%.
Wind felt like underpowered a lot to approaching uncomfortably over-powered. 25 knots might explain that...!

What I learned today...
  • Have to sort the 15 out!!!
  • hop-to-toeside carve transitions - need more board input, it seems.
  • Orange and peach frozen sherbets are in season! w00t.

No comments:

Post a Comment