Thursday, January 2, 2014

That's one...


Wasn't really expecting to get a ride in, but I needed to take some pics of the Speed3 and Psycho4 I was to sell, so I took advantage of the sunshine and headed off to the beach. The Hard Ass crew was there waiting for the wind... I flew the kite in light wind but it's picking up, oh myyy!

So I gear up and take the Flite across the road. Hmm, Junkie Sensei is having a hard time with the Turbine... so I go back and get the XB13.

Bit underpowered for a couple of tacks then it picks up and I have enough to play with. Try some kite loops to get a feel... then do the boost thing.

Wind drops off after a while so I try the Dialer but that's not working either. Must be time to pack it in...

Weather was reported as 11 to 9 knots... gusts no more than 24; 5˚C at 80%.
Wind felt like comfy powered to under powered on the 13... say 12 to 18 knots?

What I learned today...
  • Switch 4/3 suit is just fine for these conditions.
  • 13 was the perfect choice... I'm beginning to see the wisdom in not using big kites :o
  • Need another drain hole in the suit above the boot line.
  • Hard to fly a kite and take photos at the same time :o
  • You can loop an XB so that it creates lift and you can loop it so it does nothing much... it's a fine line between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment