Monday, January 13, 2014

That does it! I'm going to give you a jolly good thrashing!

Started off so well... got going with the Speed3 12 DLX and the Flydoor while the others were struggling on 12m, 10m and directionals... had about an hour of fun till a down loop transition saw the kite go flying downwind... mufuggin pigtails snapped again! I thought.

The reality was much worse... ALL the bridles on the RHS have been ripped off at the LCL and the LHS is much the same, with the added joy that there about a whole cell has been ripped off the kite.

Fuck. It's not like I was stressing the kite, what the actual fuck! So that's three out of 4 of my Speeds waiting repair...

Thinking of selling all my Flysurfers and being shot of them...

Got the XB13 and went to pump it up... but the adapter on the hose broke. Yes, the new hose that's about 6 months old. Back over to the carpark to get my 3-year-old pump's hose...

Kinda underpowered... lame jumps so I went for rotations... bit rusty eh.

Last one on the water again. What a day, eh.

Weather was reported as 15 to 11 knots, gusts no more that 24 (3 hours before I went out); 3˚C at 60%.
Wind felt like powered enough to not walk on the S3 12 while working and then having fun, to losing ground on the 13 and having to walk a couple of times... the Speed3 is the better kite.

What I learned today...
  • Maybe Flysurfers really aren't for me :(
  • Which is a real shame cos the bottom end of the 12 is stunningly good.
  • I've forgotten how good the Flydoor is...
  • and I've forgotten how to do front-rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment