Friday, November 8, 2013

Oh well... Part frickin' 3

Forecast was good, but there was nothing when I arrived at 2:30 so I tuned all my bars. Wind shifted then picked up at 4, so me, the Grand Master of Disaster, Tall Skinny Guy and Can't Relaunch My Cults - Ever man all headed over to the lake...

Mowed some lawn. That was about it. Got off the water by about 5. Really not having much luck lately, eh!

Weather was reported as 8 to 12 knots, gusts to 16; 18˚C at 50%.
Wind felt like going upwind o-o-o-ok falling to just holding ground.

What I learned today...
  • I really don't like the "fastest" steering setting on the Flite - it really turns fast but almost stalls the kite in doing so which means...
  • I prefer kites with a medium turning rate or rather, that turn smoothly and keep making power.
  • "Fastest" might be good on the surfboard though...

No comments:

Post a Comment