Sunday, February 24, 2013

Psch

Forecast was supposed to be so cracking today that I put my 7m kite in the car.

BWA-hahahahahaha!

You know that silly joke about going to a fight and a hockey game breaking out? In the same vein, today a bit of kiting ruined my nice walk on the beach... Got a half-dozen tacks down the beach and walked back. Calming and relaxing but not much kiting. Snowed non-stop, frosting the hills and making the sand soggy.


Moment of the day has yet to happen.
Mood of the session was anticipatory disappointed mellow.
It sucks when you're expecting Godzilla and you get My Little Pony.

Weather was reported as 12 to 16 knots BULLSHIT and 0.5°C at 88%.
Wind felt like it was ripping me off.

What I learned today...
• The 5mm XCEL gloves are only needed when it's literally 0°C and it's snowing and the wind-chill is freezing the drips of snot on your nose. Otherwise, the $8 WorkMan gloves are the business.
• I need to wash my boots - they stink.
• Bar on the S3 15 needs attention - I forgot that black plastic spacer thing has fallen out :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment