Sunday, September 19, 2010

I'm the man!

Forecast looked passable from 3pm so I headed down to the lake at 2pm ... set up and sat around for a while waiting for wind. Guess I hit the water about 3pm and for a change, I had the GoPro with me.

Wind was a bit iffy and I lost ground downwind trying to keep board speed up ... wind eventually picked up though and I started making my way upwind. Then I started to show off all the silly shit I've been doing recently :D Once I got comfortable though ... seemed to take a while to find my rhythm or timing whatever and I fluffed up a lot of attempts at doin' stuff.

I did manage to pull off a couple of aerial transitions on the first attempt (one for each direction change) but then couldn't get it working after that ... not really enough power in the wind to ride toeside so I didn't bother much with that. Just had fun load'n'popping everything I could.

Stayed on the water till dusk, packed up in the dark and dragged my weary ass home. Great day!

What I learned today ...
• Aerial transitions are possible but I'm not sure how I did it :D
• It's a hell of a workout, kiteboarding is! Thighs were burning, arms are pumped up ... I'm going to suffer tomorrow O_o
• I need a 16Gb SD card cos I missed some of my best slams when the 8Gb was full after only 2 or so hours :(
• Footstraps annoy me - they don't seem to stay tight. Need to figure out how they work :o

No comments:

Post a Comment