Wednesday, May 19, 2010

You can't always get what you want

When faced with the choice of going home and getting on the exercycle or going to the park in iffy wind, there really is no choice at all. Went to the park to enjoy the forecast 12 knots. Camped out on the riverbank and launched the Rebble, waiting for the grounds keepers to leave so I could use their precious fields.

Wind was good, but I was feeling lazy and although I initially wanted a spanking session on the board, I ended up lying in the fresh cut grass with the kite riding at the zenith, the cool breeze washing over me and the chatter of birds in the trees. It was all very peaceful and rather relaxing.

The keepers finally left and I think they took the wind with them to spite me. I had a few thundering good runs to begin with, which were made rather entertaining by the hard-caked mud in the soccer pitch that had been trampled by booted players and dried all lumpy ... then the wind dropped till I was working the kite like a mad thing, lines pumping up and down between the gazebo, the goal posts, the golf flags and random fences trying to keep the board moving - even riding the board across the concrete. I should have pulled out the Core but I was actually enjoying just cruising around, playing with the board and taking it easy.

Spent probably 2 and a half hour at the park. Didn't get the epic session I thought I wanted ... but if you try sometimes, you get what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment