Thursday, February 9, 2017

A new toy!

Good forecast and the tide was right...and I had the time. So let's go.

Started out light and picked up but the kite was deforming so I landed and pumped it more. Better! Still a bit of a hiccup if I sheet out fast and rapidly...hmm.

Can't figure out how to jump it. Really seems I'm either out of touch with the TT or the technique has to be spot on, or at least very tight. Maybe 12m is still too big...

Had some fun, got the tricks flowing finally after a messy start.

After a very long time I headed back to shore to call it a day, and who should be there be Mr Axis?! Couldn't say no to a ride on the foil!

It's a prototype aluminum mast and fuse, flat G10 wing set. Board was a carbon stubbie. Whole thing was taut (like a toiger) and light. 600mm mast might have helped.

Easy to ride, great speed range, and stable but still fun to flick around. Adrian reckoned I was riding very nose up, but I was keeping the speed down cos I was overpowered on the 12. Low speed stall was gentle and no nasty speed twitches. In fact, I got a runaway on a gust that just kept building speed but I rode it out for a long time before deciding to bail. There was a bit of fish-tailing but Adrian said all the wing and fin holes were hand tapped and are wonky! :o Good ride though, I want it :D

Adrian reckons I need a bigger wing and is going to get the factory to make one :D hope he brings a 7 or 800mm mast too.

No comments:

Post a Comment