Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Alrigh' alrigh'

Yet again, wind didn't live up to the forecast and it was up n' down the whole session, from being unable to relaunch the kite to being worried about being over-powered...

The wind situation was clear when I arrived at the lake; few whitecaps or trees moving around violently. Never mind, I've got a foil. With a bent fuselage.

It was overcast and snowing, so I wrapped up in the whale scrot and jammed the helmet on my hooded head. I went with the SB 14 cos I wanted to try a lower AR kite, but noticed in the session how it made nicer power when turning, and didn't get soggy at the bottom in lightest wind. Hmm...

Great riding today--when the wind was up. Bit of fighting to get up on the foil when it was light but goddam, I could barely keep the kite in the sky. In fact, at one time I couldn't relaunch it til the wind picked up.

Managed a couple of gybes on the foil, but sunk as I can't ride toeside. S-turns on my good side go well enough that I can get into the shallows near the beach on the foil, then bail.

So, good speed and height control, although my goofy lags behind by a session or two.

Sun came out so I got a bit pickled in the suit...

No comments:

Post a Comment