Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Way over the top welcome to Samui

Arrived on Samui on Monday, and some wind arrived today. I thought it'd be light, and contemplated putting up the 21, or going out on the XB16 and the Flydoor... Thank god I did neither!

As it was, I was overpowered, then out if control in gusts. Some nice boosts though. The wind picked up and the gusts got worse, and after about a half hour I got hit by one I couldn't hold onto and started rocketing off towards the pier...

So I threw the safety, splashed down then walked back to the beach, towing the kite. Shame, I was having such fun!

Sliced up my foot on reef remains in the shallows... forgot my reef shoes and my Kindle! More to come, no doubt...

Oh, and the force of the wind on the kite when I ejected caused the Amsteel to cut the bungy in the safety line. Huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment