Thursday, November 13, 2014

Shoulda flip-flopped

Great forecast, even though it was all NW. Got to the lake and there was nothing. And I mean n-o-t-h-i-n-g. Waited around and something arrived, so I got changed and took the 21 and 15m Speed3s over to the lake, with a plan to swap the 21 bar to the 15. Which I did.

Good to be back on the 15... wind picked right up as I launched it so it was full-on for a bit there. So much fun to jump! Punchy and gusty and became less fun as the wind shifted more to the west...

Came in and packed it up and got the 10m but after my first two tacks, the wind dropped right off. Gave up and went home.

Weather was reported as... tosh. Whatever it was, it was a pile of bollocks cos there was nothing when I arrived at 1:30 and I probably should have been on a 10m until the time I actually got on the 10m... then I should've been on the 15.

What I learned today...

  • 6m extensions are too long for the 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment