Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Light but fun

Managed to get to the lake and the wind looked good but was all show and no blow. I really wanted to try out my S3 15 but couldn't be assed fiddling around and just went with the 21.

Which was both good and bad.

Bad because I had to land and launch a couple of times to clear knots out of the bridle, and good because the wind steadily dropped off until I had to leave for work.

Started on the Limited and had some fun. Then swapped for the Dialer and had some fun. Then gave up.

Mr Fujii... sigh... as an example of the sort of idiot blinkered behavior that goes on here:
Both of us were heading to the shore, me slightly behind him. I assumed he would push the tack as far as possible then come about, so I was getting ready for a change of direction myself. Then he just cut straight at the beach and stopped dead in front of me, parking his kite at the zenith.

Right in front of me. There was literally nowhere to go, and he just stood there, kite at 12 and me stuck a couple of meters behind him. I couldn't dive my kite to either side of him to get away cos there wasn't the space and even when he finally walked to the shore, he still just stood there with his kite at 12 blocking me.

Gah. Now imagine that on the roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment