Monday, July 28, 2014

End of month pile-up

Forecast changed overnight... light wind forecast but same in Hikone and Otsu, which usually means rideable wind.

Got down the lake at 1:30, set up the S3 21. Out on the Dialer... easily riding but not going upwind. Do some walking until about 3 when the wind pick up. Switch to the Limited at 3:45... gah. Have as much fun as I can til just after 4, when I get off and head to work... just as the wind is cranking up :(

Weather was reported as 8 to 10 knots (balls), gusts to 18; 30 degrees C at 50%. Hmm.
Wind felt like I should have been going upwind to I should have been getting a smaller kite.

What I learned today...

  • Wear the goddamn wetsuit. Power wedgies blow.
  • Actually do need a spreader bar pad - not for the spreader bar, for the loops the webbing goes through. Ouchie.
  • My elbows are killing me :(

No comments:

Post a Comment