Monday, March 31, 2014

Back home to the lully crap

Forecast looked kickin' so I was hoping to get out on my new Limited for some whoopee... was looking grand when I arrived and lasted right until I set up and launched. Dang.

Tried to get out on the Dialer but I just couldn't ride the thing... got the Flydoor... equally slow and draggy feeling. A quicker on the Limited... yeah, just a tad less low end.

Reorganize the gear depo on the beach. Ditch the Dialer and get the S3 12.

Well, whaddya know? Foils for the win again. Cruise around some then pop a jump and well I can see how That Other Kite is making it look easy. A more intense session concentrating on the kite skills to make the most of the light wind but I had a pretty good time...

The Limited shines on the lake too. Slices through the chop and reengages the edge instantly. Responsive but not harsh at all. What a fantastic bit of kit!

Weather was reported as 15 to 10 knots, 11˚C at 65%.
Wind felt like I should have been riding upwind easier considering the jumps but perhaps that's because foil.

What I learned today...
  • I forgot how to ride a directional :o
  • Speed3... what a kite!
  • Limited... OMFG what a board!
  • That sunblock from the skin doctor is fucking shit. I'm sunburned now >:(

No comments:

Post a Comment