Monday, December 16, 2013

The Season of Crap unexpectedly delivers crap

Forecast was good, webcam looked good... but it was gusty as hell. I got 45 solid minutes of riding, the 45 minutes getting into and out of the lake trying to deal with gusty conditions.

Not much else to say, really. I hate this season.

Weather was reported as 16 to 12 knots, gusts no more than 30; 7˚C at 61%.
Wind felt like 45% under-powered, 50% powered and 5% Imma gunna die!

What I learned today...
  • You really have to just go with the smaller kite so you don't completely ruin it and then just live with working the hell outa it.
  • Good to get back on the Dialer...
  • The slippers were fine until I was in the water, then my feet were noticeably cold.
  • The Switch 4/3 wetsuit was fine... back of my upper arms were, as always, cold. What's up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment