Monday, February 28, 2011

2 in a row

Behaved myself and hit the lake straight after work rather than skiving off early. Wind seemed good so I carried my 16 & 13 Crossbow over to the lake but despite all the white caps, it was weaker than it looked so I pumped up the 16 and jumped in.

... how fast can I get the board on my feet and started? Pretty damn fast when it's cold :D nearly went haywire though as I missed my front footing at first. Couldn't see any snow on the hills on the other side of the lake COS IT WAS FRICKEN SNOWING UP THERE and it was covered in cloud! Had to bodydrag back to the board once ... not nice!

Had a nice time out playing, trying to get back into the groove. Wind was a bit gusty, alternately had to work it or edge hard to hold an upwind tack ...

Did some nice hop to toeside, downloop the kite then carve out the other way turns and tried some jumps but my timing is off and I'm afraid of really sending it cos it's cold in the water! Did it properly once though, and got a good jump straight up - I think I can see how it works better now!

Stayed out as long as I dared - sun was setting and I could feel the temperature dropping. Landed and packed up ... must have arrived about 4:30pm, got back in the car at 6 - probably an hour on the lake :)

What I learned today ...
• I'm a pussy.
• Sending and jumping properly is fun but needs more commitment than I was willing to give. See above.
• Love the Recoil upgrade for the Cab bar - downloop fast and powered turns rock!
• LE seems softer when I come back in than when I went out - hoping it's the cold air decreasing the volume of the LE and not a leak :(
• I need gloves.
• Seem to be getting a little better at riding toeside ... watching vids and thinking about it helps :D

No comments:

Post a Comment