Thursday, January 20, 2011

Testing, testing ...

Took the Synergy 19 down to the lake for a quick test flight after work - I'd put
Ronstan Orbit series 20 blocks (pulleys) on it a while back, but only now just got around to flying it.

Used the same method as on the Charger to attach the block - little pig tail through the block then "Lark's Head" onto the strap on the kite. I used 3.2mm Amsteel Blue (in red) and stitched and knotted the pig tail. I think I used about 140mm but I forget now ... anyway, it was a tight fit to get onto the kite, but now it's only about 5mm longer than the OE pulley. Although the Ronstan is larger diameter so it all balances out I guess ...

... anyway, the kite flew fine, the pulleys worked as they're supposed to and all the rigging looks bomb-proof. It may just be psychological, but I swear that the steering/sheeting response was smoother ... and crisper, if it's possible to be both at the same time!

Well, that's done - now to sell all my Synergy's to fund my upgrade to Chargers ... I don't suppose that you know anyone that wants an immaculate 8, 10, 12 or 15 and a barely used 19, do you? ;)

Edit : 15 is gone, 19 is going I think ... need to sell off the tiddlers. Got a line on a 19m Charger - woop woop! - so I can see what all the moaning is about ...

No comments:

Post a Comment